Important sites for basic information on environmental law
- ÖKOBÜRO Information Texts: If you would like to read up on the subject first, our information texts are available here for free download. We have provided a brief and concise overview of various legal areas to help you find your way around (in German only).
- Here you will find an overview from the Federal Ministry for Climate Protection, Environment, Energy, Mobility, Innovation and Technology (BMK) on essential principles of environmental impact assessments.
- Help.gv: HELP.gv.at is a government platform that acts as a hub between many different government authorities and citizens, providing information about official channels in Austria and in some cases allowing them to be completed electronically.
- Environmental law blog Analyses and comments on laws and court decisions (in German only).
- Umweltbundesamt EIA-Documentation: Database of the Environment Agency Austria with ongoing and completed EIA procedures (in German only).
- Open Government Data: An overview of the principle of publicity in the Austrian administration (in German only).
- Open Data Österreich: National portal for the search of data records, documents, information and applications from the Austrian administration (in German only).
Websites supporting citizens' initiatives
Legal Information System of the Republic of Austria (RIS)
RIS is an electronic database operated by the Federal Chancellery. Its purpose is to announce the legal acts to be published in the Federal Law Gazette (Bundesgesetzblatt) and to provide information on the law (federal, provincial, municipal, jurisdictional) of the Republic of Austria .
Website of the Austrian Parliament
Very useful information on the legislative process and parliamentary events, as well as live streams of National Council and Federal Council sessions.
Websites of Austrian Courts
Legal Research in Europe
Updated: January 2020
If you come across a link that no longer works, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.